Have you been searching for a delicious keto snack? Have you been craving fries with lots of fat, but nearly 0 carbs? Avocado fries are the answer! They’re simple to make and can be enjoyed by anyone. They have the same crispy outside and soft inside as regular french fries! The difference? The carb count! Dipped in egg and almond meal, every bit of this delicious snack is full of fat and is very keto-friendly.
VIDEO SHOWING HOW TO MAKE AVOCADO FRIES:
Prep: 10msCook: 5msReady: 15m
- 3 avocados
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 cups almond meal
- 1 1/2 cups sunflower oil
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp homemade mayonnaise
- 1 tsp sriracha
Break an egg into a bowl and beat it. In another bowl, mix your almond meal with some salt and cayenne pepper.
Slice each avocado in half and take out the seed.
- Peel off the skin off every half.
- Slice each avocado vertically into 4 or 5 pieces (depending on the size of the avocado).
- Start heating your deep fryer (or deep pan with lots of oil) to about 350°F. If you don’t have a cooking thermometer, try sticking a wooden spoon into the oil when it’s been heating for about 7-8 minutes. If bubbles arise from the spoon, your oil is hot enough for deep frying!
- Coat each slice of avocado in the egg.
- Roll each coated slice in the almond meal until you can barely see the green.
- Carefully lower each avocado slice into the deep fryer (or pan) to avoid splashing. It will hurt!
- Allow each piece to fry from 45 seconds to a minute until a light brown. Dark brown means they’ve been in there a few seconds too long.
- Transfer quickly to a plate lined with a paper towel to soak up the excess oil.
- Mix some sriracha sauce and mayonnaise and get to munching!